With an online shop and two locations in our small town of Earlham, Iowa, a career at RJ Home offers an opportunity to be part of a passionate team making a big impact.
At RJ Home, we work hard to create a curated collection of renovated vintage furniture and handmade goods. To do this, we need a team of creative, energetic, knowledgeable and hard working people who are committed to impeccable service and teamwork.
To apply, please send us your information through our online application form. Thank you for your interest!
Woodworker/Furniture Finisher, Earlham, IA
RJ Home is looking for a Woodworker/Furniture Finisher. Must be detail-oriented, punctual, hardworking, enthusiastic and willing to get the job done. Some experience preferred but willing to train.
- Remove old finishes and damaged or deteriorated parts, using hand tools, stripping tools, sandpaper, steel wool, abrasives, or solvents.
- Sand and prep vintage furniture to be painted, stained or waxed.
- Smooth, shape, and touch-up surfaces to prepare them for finishing, using sandpaper, steel wool, chisels, sanders, or grinders.
- Remove accessories prior to finishing, and mask areas that should not be exposed to finishing processes or substances.
- Examine vintage furniture for any repairs that need to be made and decide on the best method for repair or restoration.
- Mix and or thin latex and oil based paints for finishes.
- Apply primer and paint with airless paint sprayer.
- Operate hand tools including but not limited to drills, screw guns, hand planer, multi tool, table saw, jig saw.
- Prepping and cleaning furniture by washing, degreasing, and power washing.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly workshop space.
- Create simple wood working projects.
- Possibility of building custom furniture.
- Loading and unloading furniture.
- Any other tasks and jobs that need to be done.
- Must be willing and able to perform any and all necessary labor involved in the movement, positioning, cleaning, refurbishing, waxing, stripping, staining and finishing of antique/vintage furniture and items.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing procedures of a growing business.
- Positive and welcoming attitude toward co-workers and customers.
- Detail-oriented, self directed, punctual, hardworking and flexible with workflow.
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs.
40 hours per week. Monday through Friday in Earlham, IA.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact us at email@example.com
RJ Home is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.